Introducing 3 TBR Certified Trainers and 5 Benefits from Attending “Training from the BACK of the Room”
If you haven’t yet attended one of the “Training from the BACK of the Room” (TBR) classes being offered globally for 2018, this blog post will list five benefits you’ll receive from doing so. Also, this post will introduce you to three outstanding TBR Certified Trainers who have contributed to my blog and who are offering TBR classes this August/September.
Benefits from Attending a “Training from the BACK of the Room” Class
Below are five great take-aways from attending a 2-day TBR class:
1. All the brain-based interactive strategies that you’ll experience during the class are content-independent, meaning that you can use them right away with any topic and any curriculum (even the most technical, dry, or boring subjects).
2. All the learning activities that you’ll collect during the class are from 1- to 5-minutes in length, which means that they’re really easy to insert into any class, even the content-heavy ones.
3. You’ll experience everything you’ll be learning about, including all the brain science principles that make learner-centered, brain-based instruction so successful and exciting.
4. You’ll design one of your own classes or training programs, using your own topic, your trainer’s toolbag strategies, and the instructional design model called “The 4Cs Map.” And you’ll receive peer feedback to help you polish what you’ve designed.
5. You’ll leave with an awesome collection of resources: 2 books and 1 workbook; a trainer’s toolbag full of strategies you can use immediately; the 4Cs Map; innovative and interactive ways to use PowerPoint; fun learning aids; and dozens of other digital resources to enhance your own teaching and training skills.
And here is a bonus take-away: If you already have the books “Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick,” you’ll get to experience both books in action, which is hugely different from just reading the books.
Introducing 3 TBR Certified Trainers and Their August/September 2018 TBR Classes
Certified Trainer Kelly Pfeiffer will be facilitating “Training from the BACK of the Room” August 8th – 9th 2018, In Atlanta, Georgia USA. Kelly is the owner of Go Interactive Training and an experienced TBR trainer since 2006. She has expertise in active learning, social-emotional learning, and experiential facilitation methods. She loves the challenge of taking a typically boring training topic and breathing life into it through the learner-centered training design taught in “Training from the BACK of the Room.” She also provides a helpful website and blog for parents that is titled “Think it Through Parenting.” Kelly contributed the following excellent blog post to my website: “Novelty: Why It’s a Brain-Changer for Learners.” You can reach Kelly on Twitter @GoInteractiveKP.
Certified Trainer Vic Bonacci will be facilitating “Training from the BACK of the Room” September 15th – 16th 2018 in Irvine, California USA. Vic is the creator of Agile Coffee and an IT specialist and avid Agile Coach. Since 2012, he has brought together a variety of IT communities to exchange many creative ideas (while consuming lots of coffee!). Working as an Agile coach, facilitator, and trainer is clearly the “sweet spot” where Vic is most effective, passionate, and happy. Vic contributed the following terrific post/podcast to my website: “Training from the BACK of the Room Podcast.” Vic also writes his own “Agile Coffee Blog.” You can reach Vic on Twitter @v_bonacci or @agilecoffee.
Certified Trainer Jean-Paul Bayley will be facilitating “Training from the BACK of the Room” September 24th – 25th 2018 in London, England. Jean-Paul is the founder of Bay Spark Ltd. – a Business Consultancy. He thrives on the fizz and pop of a training group in full flow and his mission is to share how to create fun, engaging, and memorable learning experiences. He also helps individuals, teams, and organisations achieve their professional goals. Jean-Paul contributed the following provocative blog post to my website: 3 Anti-Patterns of Training. You can contact Jean-Paul on Twitter @jpbayley.
For more TBR classes for 2018, click on my website’s What’s New? or Training Events pages.
For information about the May 2019 TBR and Trainer Certification Course (TCC) classes, scroll to the bottom of the above links. Or click on the blog post “Announcing the May 2019 TBR and TCC Classes, Austin Texas.” And please pass this information along to anyone who is interested in exciting, unforgettable, learner-centered, brain-based instruction.
Hello! I attended the Sept 15-16, 2018, class conducted by Vic Bonacci! He is a fantastic facilitator and presenter! We were a small group of students, learned a lot, and we had fun doing so! GREAT Training! I waited several years for this TBR training to come to my area, and it was everything I imagined and more! And I do want more!!! Thanks Vic! (PS: Sharon – did you get my email with my question?) All the best, Nick Zingo, MICC
Hey Nick: A belated but very heartfelt “Thank you!” for your kudos about Vic’s TBR class – yes, he’s TOPS! I just sent you a long email – and congrats on attending the upcoming Trainer Certification Course – yay! 🙂